We’ve had no internet, home phone or television for the entire day. I’m using the 3G connection on my iPhone as a hot spot so I can write this post! What a bugger of a day it’s been … but wait … no … it hasn’t been annoying at all … because not having the internet … means … it’s been PRODUCTIVE!!!
Things I achieved today without the need for the internet:
- Read an entire book in three hours (review to come soon)
- Darned holes in two cardigans and one t-shirt (me! Darning!)
- Washed all my woolen jumpers
- Did a load of normal washing
- Searched for the hole where that damned cat keeps going into our roof
- Brought the chicken wire from the garage for Leo to put over the hole. Finito!
- Swept all the leaves out of the shed and cellar stairs
- Collected all the pine cones imbedded in the lawn and threw them into the forest
- Kicked and threw balls with my neighbour’s children for 30 minutes
- Put bird food in the feeder
- Watered all the outdoor plants
- Vacuumed the house (including some of the ceilings!)
- Cooked dinner
So there you have it. I think there’s more but you get the general gist of things. It was a totally non-stop productive day, and that’s a good feeling. Maybe our communications system should blow up/not work/crap out/stop working more often?
After all that running around in the garden with the kids and picking up all those pine cones (two buckets worth) and leaves (leaves! leaves! It seems like I’m obsessed with leaves!) my fitfor15in15 workout today is going to be bedtime yoga. I’m exhausted and can’t wait to get into bed and listen to a new audio book called As You Wish by Cary Elwes, about the making of one of my favourite movies, The Princess Bride. But for now, some light moves to get me in the listening mood. Bedtime yoga, here I come!
(I wonder how long the box which supplies these three services to our house is going to be broken … this could be a veeeerrrrrryyyyyy interesting week!)
Wishing you a wonderful day.